Tuesday, May 12, 2009

To the Great White North: My Apologies

Since my post about Canada being placed on the USTR Priority Watch List, I have received some comments from some Canadian brethren that my initial post makes Canada out to be in the same boat with Russia and China in regards to piracy, which was certainly not my intention. Upon reflection and further review of my initial entry, I can see how it can be interpreted in that manner. I have since updated the post further to reflect that my initial thoughts were aimed at the US developer who deeply wishes to retain the full US protection of his IP.

Whether or not Canada actually belongs on the Priority Watch List is another debate completely. Here are some links to explain the debate over the controversial USTR report:

No comments:

Post a Comment